Thursday 28 July 2011


One question I get asked is how do I keep creative? The long and short of it is I always carry a sketchpad. This is something I started a few years ago and am glad I did. Looking back over the books is a great way to see how my work and style has changed and hopefully improved. 

Recently I’ve been spending a lot of time in and out of hospital with my wife so having my pad with me to kill the time when sat alone in the waiting room has been a godsend.

One thing I’ve noticed over the last year is that I now favour scribbling in pencil – I love how my shading work has come on and also the effects you can get from the simplest of drawing tools.

Another way I like to keep my work fresh is never over think it – these scribbles are meant to be fun, not work related. So I like to go with the flow and usually start a scribble by just drawing a simple shape and taking it from there.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails